The title is random but I have alot to talk about!
First of all since moving into our new home my mind is wanting to start projects everywhere so I started a new board for DIY home projects! As you all know pinterest is every addicting, but SO MUCH MORE FUN when you actually own a house VS. rent!
Chalk Board/ Desk – Such an awesome idea and space saver! I need this for Brooklyns room
Onto the VEGAN LIFE.
I was talking with my mom about Netflix and how they have awesome documentaries to watch.
They recently watched FORKS OVER KNIFES and she said I NEEDED to watch it.
(knowing how into nutrition and health I am I was ON TOP OF IT!)
Basically it is a WHOLE FOOD – PLANT BASED diet.
The studies were astounding of what MEAT does to your body and how it effects our health. I seriously think it should be mandatory for everyone to watch to see HOW food can CHANGE our HEALTH.
The CANCER relation to MEAT and DAIRY was SCARY. It basically showed the more meat and dairy you ate the more likely you were to get cancer, and not my a small %, a HUGE difference.
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.
The good thing though was that it showed that you can REVERSE your HEALTH by changing your diet.
I RARELY buy meat. We basically get our protein from eggs, veggie burgers, and natural grain and produce sources.
It also brought up how DAIRY is inhibiting our health and how we should MAJORLY cut BACK or cut it out entirely.
About a year ago I stopped buying milk for my husband and only buy unsweetened Almond Milk. He prefers cows milk but he knows that Almond Milk is the way to go so he CHANGED his way of eating and now doesn’t mind it.
HEALTH is all about PRACTICING what you believe in and MAKING CHANGES to better yourself.
I HIGHLY recommend to watch FORKS over KNIFES and then let me know if it made you RETHINK the way you eat.
I know we are going to be making more Green Smoothies, Stir-Fry with Tofu, Veggie Burgers, and lots and lots of fresh produce!
There are so many recipes and ways to make a PLANT BASED DIET taste good, so there shouldn’t be an excuse if you REALLY CARE about your health.
NOW for the GIVEAWAY.
Promoting the VEGAN LIFE. I was contacted to try Raw Meal from Garden of Life.
Containing 26 superfoods from RAW organic seeds, sprouts and greens. 34 grams of protein, 9-16 grams of fiber (depending on flavor) and a healthy 2.5 grams of fat. (Vegan – Gluten, Dairy, Soy FREE)
RAW Meal also offers 20 Vitamin Code vitamins and minerals providing at least 100% of the Daily Value of 16 key nutrients.
What are the Key Benefits of RAW Meal?
A convenient meal-on-the-go, RAW Meal is suitable for almost anyone including those on vegetarian or vegan diets, those on low carbohydrate diets or those with gastrointestinal sensitivities to milk, whey or other protein sources. RAW Meal offers the following:
- Provides the nutrition of a well-balanced, healthy meal
- Naturally filling, satisfies hunger, provides energy
- Excellent source of RAW organic, plant-based protein (34g) – including all essential amino acids
- Excellent source of 20 Vitamin Code vitamins and minerals – RAW Food-Created Nutrients and RAW Food-Chelated Minerals that enable targeted delivery and natural recognition by your body
- Excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber (9-16g) depending on flavor
- Provides live probiotics and enzymes for healthy digestion
- Made exclusively from RAW natural, plant-based, whole foods – uncooked, untreated, unadulterated
- Contains 13 RAW organic sprouts, 4 RAW organic cereal grass juices, 5 RAW organic fruits, spirulina and chlorella
- No Trans Fats
RAW Meal naturally satisfies hunger and increases energy, making it great for those looking to manage their diet and looking for a convenient alternative to the pre-packaged or fast-food meals that dominate our on-the-go lifestyles.
I am ALWAYS on the go, and especially when traveling I HATE to stop for food, and then trying to manage to get in nutritionally sound food? It is SO HARD to eat healthy while traveling or on the go and takes PLANNING.
The Raw Meal packets provide you with everything you need to get the most nutrition out of ONE packet/Meal.
It was so simple. Yesterday I worked over the course of lunch time so I brought my shaker and filled it up with Unsweetened Almond Milk. I drank it for lunch and was satisfied and felt great knowing I basically got a full days worth of nutrition in one meal.
Now here is where you can win a BOX of the packets for yourself
1. Mandatory : Like Tuff Mother on Facebook and then comment on here that you did.
2. Read about the RAW MEAL products and comment on WHY you would want to try this product.
3. Like Garden of Life on Facebook and then comment on here that you did.
3 different chances to win!
I will announce the winner on Wednesday when I post that day!